Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Kudos to the nursing staff out there!!!!

Nurses are like Angels!!! I loved mine!!

Wow, time flies when you're not having fun! lol

I have been "recovering" from a major surgery, and couldn't think of anything "witty" or interesting to write about. Truth be told, I still can't think of anything you might be interested in reading.

I spent about 8 days in the hospital with tubes coming out of places I'd rather not mention. I went 9 days on liquids, and gained 4 pounds! How does THAT happen?!!!The nurses said it's my body grabbing all of the fluids it can. To heal. yadda yadaa yadda.

I have to say though, the nurses, and their assistants are fabulous!!! They didn't cringe about the goop coming out of the tubes. They didn't act grossed out. They even helped me bathe my disgusting self and smiled for me.

Once I was on my feet, one of the aids told the nurse I was "So cute". I looked in the mirror and saw that gross tube exiting my nose, my hair sticking out in odd directions, felt my gross teeth and said "cute is not a word I would use at the moment." She smiled, and said "Well you have the most beautiful case of bed head I've seen in a while."

I just wanted to thank all of the people who go into nursing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am a mother of 3, and wife to a wonderful man. I create things with glass by melting it in a flame, or in a kiln, or both. You can see a small sampling of my work here: www.iwantonetoo.me There are links to purchase my work if you like. :)